3-Year-old Preschool: Through developmentally appropriate experiences in our classroom, your 3 year old will feel successful and enjoy their first school experience. Our program is a literacy and social based program. We promote language advancement and social interaction. We focus on a Bible story and one book each session. A craft is done to enhance the book experience. We sometimes play outside or in the gym to develop each child’s gross motor skills. In addition we work on fine motor skills in the classroom. Field trips are also offered.
- Zoo-Phonics—learn a new zoo-phonics friend each week, which helps to develop sound recognition for each letter.
- Singing—days of the week song, months of the year song, learning new songs and motions, help with rhythm.
- Weather—each student gets a turn to be the weather person; we also discuss the seasons.
- Bible Story—sing prayer song and learn a new story each day.
- Story Time—listening skills, pre-reading skills (predicting, left to right, understanding the story, author).
- Theme—concepts are learned each week that relate to the theme.
- Theme Enrichment—this supports the theme for the week, we either go on a field trip, do experiments, play a game, or do an art project.
- Writing—writing all letters of the alphabet and numbers 0-10, using the Handwriting Without Tears curriculum.
- Art—fine and gross motor development, pre-writing and pre-math skills, creativity sorting/classifying, cutting skills.
Snacks: Parents are requested to take turns providing snacks for the children. More information can be found in the preschool handbook.
Our preschool is open to children of any race, color, national and ethnic origin, and to children whose parents show evidence of a genuine interest in a Christian preschool program. Our school requires that only children of Christian parents (or guardians) will be admitted to the school. Parents are expected to be personally committed to Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord. Children should be 4 years old by September 1 to attend the 4/5 year old class. All children must be potty-trained prior to September 1. All hearing, vision and physical information must be turned in at the school office before the beginning of school.
The preschool program offered at Allendale Christian School is a 9 month program which is divided into two semesters. The first semester will begin shortly after Allendale Christian School resumes classes in the fall and will end before Christmas vacation. The second semester session will begin in January. Classes will conclude in May. A specific schedule is given out at the beginning of the school year. Allendale Christian Preschool will follow the same vacation schedule as Allendale Christian School. Morning sessions will run from 8:35-11:05am and afternoon sessions will run from 12:40-3:10 pm.
HEARING AND VISION SCREENING
Michigan’s Public Health Code (Act 368 of 1978) requires local health departments, with the assistance of the state, to conduct free and periodic hearing and vision screening services to preschool and school age children.
Michigan law requires preschool children be screened for hearing at least once during ages of 3-5.
Michigan law requires preschool children be screened at least once during the ages of 3-5.