WHAT WE BELIEVE
Founded as an extension of the Christian home, Allendale Christian School provides an environment where passionate teachers and staff model the Christian walk, integrate faith in learning, and lead students in the Word of the Lord.
- God reveals Himself and the way of salvation in the Holy Bible.
- God reveals Himself through all He has made.
- God reveals Himself most fully in His Son, Jesus Christ, who by a miraculous birth, became human for our sake, suffered, died, and was raised to conquer sin’s power and the curse of death under which we all live.
- Jesus Christ is the Lord of all things, both in the world and in the church.
- Jesus Christ desires that His followers be His servants in this world.
- Jesus Christ will return one day to judge all humanity.
This faith clearly has consequences for the church and home, but also for the Christian school. Because we believe the Lord is Lord of all life, we also believe obedience to Him involves us in a thorough investigation of the world.
Students and teachers should seek to integrate their faith in all areas of learning and life.
Consequently, our students will be
- presented with the message of Christ’s redemption revealed in the Bible.
- instructed in Biblical principles to guide them to become spiritually, intellectually, and behaviorally mature.
- encouraged to recognize the greatness and mercy of our Lord in every area of life.
- guided into true knowledge of God’s world, its history, and its cultures.
- enabled to assess the values of the age from a Christian perspective.
- We believe the Bible is God breathed, inspired by the Holy Spirit and the absolute Word of God. Deuteronomy 4:2, Psalm 19:7-9, Proverbs 30:5-6; 1 Corinthians 2:10; Galatians 1:6-10; II Timothy 3:16-17; II Peter 1:20-21.
- We believe that there is one God, a Holy Trinity, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Genesis 1:1-3; Matthew 28:19-20; Mark 12:29; John 1:1-4; II Corinthians 13:14.
- We believe in God the Father. We believe He is the creator of all, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love. We believe that He concerns Himself sovereignly in the affairs of each person, that He hears and answers prayer, and that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ. Genesis 21:33; Exodus 33:14; II Samuel 24:14; Isaiah 40:28; Jeremiah 31:3, 32:17, 33:3; Romans 5:8 and 11:33-34; Ephesians 1:19-20; Hebrews 4:16; I John 5:14-15; Revelations 4:8.
- We believe in God the Son, Jesus Christ the Savior. We believe in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His substitutionary and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His continuous intercession for His people, and in His personal return with power and great glory. Matthew 24:30; Luke 1: 34-35; John 1: 1- 2, 14, 3:16; Romans 3:23-26, 8:34-39; I Corinthians 15:3-4; Hebrews 4:14-15.
- We believe in God the Holy Spirit, the Helper and Comforter. We believe in His daily guidance and revelation of truth, in His conviction of sin, and in His indwelling presence at the moment of salvation, enabling believers to live godly lives. John 3:5-8, 4:24, 14:16-17, 16:13-14; Acts 1:8, I Corinthians 2:6-16, 12:13; Ephesians 4:30-32, 5:18.
- We believe that everyone is born with a sinful nature, separated from God and in need of salvation. Rebirth by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for salvation through the repentance from sin and the acceptance of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. John 3:5-8, 5:24; Acts 2:21; Ephesians 1:6-7, 2:8-9; Titus 3:5; I Peter 1:23.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of eternal death. Luke 16:19-26; II Corinthians 5:8; II Thessalonians 1:7-9; Revelation 20:11-15.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:42-47; Romans 15:5-6; I Corinthians 11:23-26; 12:13; Hebrews 10:25.